Login in to view members who are currently online.
Our Member'sPolicy for Inclusion
Congratulations to our Top Finishers in FirstMerit Bank Lakefront 10 Miler!
- Peter Osenkowski
- Derick Anhalt
- Paul Nottoli
- Matthew Fahrenbacher
- Brad Voehringer
- Aneta Ziemianska
- Liz Ruvalcaba
- Dawn Cunningham
- Randy Pallas
- Terry Anderson
- Jimmy Tubbs
Log in or become a member to see a lot more details!
Official registration is now open for the
2014 Dick Pond
Fast Track Racing Team!
March 2014 Fast Track Video
What We're About
The Dick Pond Fast Track Racing Team is a premier running club in the northwest, west, and far west suburbs of Chicago for runners of all abilities and experience. The team has grown to over 200 members strong. We train and race together with similar goals and interests. Through camaraderie, friendship, and the pursuit of excellence, the team participates in CARA circuit races and have been the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 CARA team CHAMPIONS! For the 2014 season we have expanded the race circuit to over 30 local races in Chicago and the suburbs. Members of the team are outfitted in a team singlet and have the opportunity to score points at key team races towards end-of-the-year prizes. All members are asked to be ambassadors of the brand Saucony, and of our family run specialty business, Dick Pond Athletics. In addition, members are asked to race in as many races as they are able, representing the team in a positive manner. The strength of this team is the
Power of the Group philosophy. Our runners train and compete in road races and marathons, as well as serve as pace leaders for many races, as a team.
- The Tuesday Night Track Workouts meets every Tuesday at 6:00 PM from mid-March thru early-November at Dick Pond - Lisle.Speed work begins Tuesday, March 18th and goes through November 4th. For information or questions please contact our Fast Track team ambassadors: Christine Bell, John Brazda, Denise Hefferin, or Liz Ruvalcaba.Full Information
- The Wednesday Night Track Workout meets every Wednesday at 6:00 PM from late March until late October at Harper College outdoor track.Cost is $1.00 per person. Babysitting service is available. Please do not park in gravel parking lot next to the track.Full Information
- The Thursday Night Speed Club meets every Thursday at 6:30 PM from mid-March thru early-November at Geneva Middle School SOUTH track.Speed work begins Thursday March 13th and goes through November 7th. For information or questions please contact our Fast Track team ambassadors and speed group leaders: Dan Crayche -firstname.lastname@example.org Brooke Williams- email@example.comFull Information
- The North Side Speed Club meets every Thursday at 6:30 PM from early-May thru early-November at North Park's River Park Track.Speed work begins Thursday May 8th and goes through November.Full Information
- The Monday Night Fun Run meets every Monday at 6:00 PM at Dick Pond - Schaumburg.There are several groups that run variance distances including 4, 5, 8 and 9 miles.Full Information
- The Tuesday Night Fun Run meets every Tuesday at 6:30 PM at Dick Pond - St. Charles.There are several groups that run variance distances.Full Information
- The Thursday Fun Run meets every Thursday at 6:00 PM at Dick Pond - Lisle.There are several groups that run a variety of distances including 3, 4, and 5+ miles.Full Information
- The Friday Morning Recovery Run meets every Friday at various start times from April until November, except if falling on Independence Day at Starbucks at Streets of Woodfield.Full Information
- The Barrington Hills Group Run meets every Saturday at various start times all year round except if falling on Independence Day, Christmas, or Team Race days at Barrington High School.Full Information
- The Trail Heads Group Run meets every Saturday at 7:30 AM All Year Round at various locations.Join us on Saturday mornings for a change of pace and location. Each week we start our long runs from different DuPage, Cook, Kane, or Will county forest preserves as we build our mileage towards Fall endurance races.Full Information
- The Saturday Team Run meets every Saturday at various start times from throughout Spring, Summer and Fall at Busse Woods.Full Information
- The Sunday Team Run meets every Sunday at from throughout Spring, Summer and Fall at Busse Woods.Full Information
Training RunsOur training runs are open to everyone, you do not need to be on the Fast Track team to participate. All paces are welcome as well. Additional information and special announcements for each workout can be found on the Scheduled Runs pages.
Dick Pond Store Fun Runs
Weekend Group Runs
Post-Marathon Celebration at Legal Sea Foods on Monday, April 21st
Celebrate your Boston finish in style with Fast Track at the most coveted restaurant experience in Boston!
If you like fresh seafood, then you can't beat Boston, and one of their best seafood restaurants is the local chain, Legal Sea Foods. The quality of the food is impeccable, and best of all, we have special access to partake of it in their classy private dining room located in the wine cellar of their flagship location (26 Park Plaza), just 3 blocks from the finish line and steps from all the major hotels.
Brian Sweney was able to reserve a private dining room
Individuals will be ordering off the regular menu:
We don't think anyone will be disappointed with the food choices!
Park Ridge Launch Party on Monday, May 5th
Join the team that has been named CARA's best running team for 5 years in a row- and ITS FREE. The kickoff party for the Park Ridge/Chicago chapter of the team is Monday, May 5th at 6:30pm. Come and meet members of the team for a 5 mile fun run and get to know what it is like to be on the best team in Chicago!
Relay for Life on Friday, June 20th
We can put our legs, heart, camaraderie and sweat on the move to save lives from cancer. One team, one dollar at a time. Our team will do our part to make sure that cancer never steals another year of anyone's life.
Our Reason to Relay
Because cancer never sleeps, for one night... neither will we! By participating, we will raise money and awareness to help American Cancer Society create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. It's hard to find a teammate that hasn't been affected by this disease.... a family member, a friend, a co-worker.
At the American Cancer Society Relay for Life event on June 20th @ Glenbard North High School, our team will camp out overnight, running lap after lap, one runner at a time passing the baton. Each lap is the perimeter of the track (1/4 mile). 400 laps = 100 miles. That's right 100 MILES! Impossible?? I believe the energy of the night and in the company of cancer survivors, we can.
Please join in the night of June 20th. The Relay for Life will begin Friday June 20th @ 6pm with a Survivor Lap; invite those near and dear to you that have overcome to take part in that Survivor Lap. At 7pm, we begin an 11 hour journey towards 100 miles.
To participate, go to Relay for Life's Relay For Life of Carol Stream page. Click SIGN UP --> JOIN A TEAM and get yourself signed up for our fundraising team Dick Pond Fast Track Racing Team. The impact we can make together is much greater than what any of us could do alone!
Got any photos from our Team races, workouts or parties? If you took some great shots, be sure to share with fellow members via the Fast Track DropBox account! It's fast and easy... simply drag & drop into the Fast Track DropBox page. Best of all, your pictures or video could be featured on our monthly video slideshow!
Instructions to submit your photos to the Team's DropBox:
Pay Your Singlet Deposit Online!
Fast Track's Extracts
- Fartlek Route.jpg
- 2014 CARA Team Race Results RTGFL.xls
- Fun Run 5 Mile Map Breese.pdf
- Fun Run 4 Mile Map Breese.pdf
- 2013 Fast Track hoodie design.pdf
- 2014 DPFT Race Calendar.pdf
- Marathon Packing Checklist.pdf
- 2014 DPFT Race Calendar.doc
- Wed Night Fartlek Route Directions.doc
- Pace Calculator.xls
- MENU Legal Sea Foods.pdf
- 2014 Individual Circuit Race Results LF10.xls
Join the Fast Track Racing Team Twitter feed! This feed will be used for short announcements regarding workouts, races, and get-togethers. All information posted on this Twitter will be available on the team website, but will now be in convenient Twitter form. If you wish to receive text messages from this Twitter feed, follow the instructions below.
How to get text messages from the Fast Track Twitter:
- Go to http://twitter.com and sign up for an account
- Using your phone, text message the word "START" to 40404
- Follow the instructions that are text messaged back to you (first send your Twitter username, then your password, then the word "OK")
- Head to http://twitter.com/FTRacingTeam and click the "Follow" button
- When you see the green check mark and "Following," click the little phone button immediately to the right
- You will now receive text message announcements from Fast Track!
NOTE: By default, you will NOT receive text messages from everyone you follow on Twitter. If you do NOT want to receive text messages, skip step 5 above when following a Twitter feed.