Login in to view members who are currently online.
Our Member'sPolicy for Inclusion
Official registration is now open for the
2014 Dick Pond
Fast Track Racing Team!
January 2014 Fast Track Video
February 2014 Fast Track Video
Videos by Jessica Rifis
Learn more about the Team
The Dick Pond Fast Track Racing Team is a premier running club in the northwest, west, and far west suburbs of Chicago for runners of all abilities and experience. The team has grown to over 200 members strong. We train and race together with similar goals and interests. Through camaraderie, friendship, and the pursuit of excellence, the team participates in CARA circuit races and have been the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 CARA team CHAMPIONS! For the season we have expanded the race circuit to over 30 local races in Chicago and the suburbs. Members of the team are outfitted in a team singlet and have the opportunity to score points at key team races towards end-of-the-year prizes. All members are asked to be ambassadors of the brand Saucony, and of our family run specialty business, Dick Pond Athletics. In addition, members are asked to race in as many races as they are able, representing the team in a positive manner. The strength of this team is the "Power of the Group" philosophy. Our runners train and compete in road races and marathons, as well as serve as pace leaders for many races, as a team.
Training RunsOur training runs are open to everyone, you do not need to be on the Fast Track team to participate. All paces are welcome as well. Additional information and special announcements for each workout can be found on the Upcoming Workouts pages.
- The Tuesday Winter Workouts meets every Tuesday at 6:00 PM from May thru October at Dick Pond - Lisle.The Tuesday Track Workouts will resume in Mid-March. Until then, join us for Winter Midweek runs that include Fartleks, Hill Repeats, and Tempo runs. Please bring your own water bottle.Full Information
- The Winter Speedwork meets every Wednesday at 6:15 PM from December through the first week of March at Dick Pond - Schaumburg.Full Information
- The Wednesday Night Track Workout meets every Wednesday at 6:00 PM from early March until late October at Everett Dirksen Elementary School.Cost is $1.00 per person. Babysitting service is available. Please do not park in gravel parking lot next to the track.Full Information
- The Thursday Night Speed Club meets every Thursday at 6:30 PM from mid-March thru early-November at Dick Pond - St. Charles.Speed work begins Thursday March 13th and goes through November 7th. For information or questions please contact our Fast Track team ambassadors and speed group leaders: Dan Crayche -email@example.com Brooke Williams- firstname.lastname@example.orgFull Information
- The Monday Night Fun Run meets every Monday at 6:00 PM at Dick Pond - Schaumburg.There are several groups that run variance distances including 4, 5, 8 and 9 miles.Full Information
- The Tuesday Night Fun Run meets every Tuesday at 6:00 PM at Dick Pond - St. Charles.There are several groups that run variance distances.Full Information
- The Thursday Fun Run meets every Thursday at 6:00 PM at Dick Pond - Lisle.There are several groups that run a variety of distances including 3, 4, and 5+ miles.Full Information
- The Friday Morning Recovery Run meets every Friday at various start times from April until November, except if falling on Independence Day at Starbucks at Streets of Woodfield.Full Information
- The Barrington Hills Group Run meets every Saturday at various start times all year round except if falling on Independence Day, Christmas, or Team Race days at Barrington High School.Full Information
- The Trail Heads Group Run meets every Saturday at 7:30 AM All Year Round at various locations.Full Information
- The Saturday Team Run meets every Saturday at various start times from throughout Spring, Summer and Fall at Busse Woods.Full Information
- The Saturday Winter Run at the Streets meets every Saturday at various start times from throughout Winter at Starbucks at Streets of Woodfield.Full Information
- The Sunday Team Run meets every Sunday at from throughout Spring, Summer and Fall at Busse Woods.Full Information
Dick Pond Store Fun Runs
Weekend Group Runs
Relay for Life on Friday, June 20th
We can put our legs, heart, camaraderie and sweat on the move to save lives from cancer. One team, one dollar at a time. Our team will do our part to make sure that cancer never steals another year of anyone's life.
Our Reason to Relay
Because cancer never sleeps, for one night... neither will we! By participating, we will raise money and awareness to help American Cancer Society create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. It's hard to find a teammate that hasn't been affected by this disease.... a family member, a friend, a co-worker.
At the American Cancer Society Relay for Life event on August 10th @ Schaumburg Boomers baseball stadium, our team will camp out overnight, running lap after lap, one runner at a time passing the baton. Each lap is the perimeter of the baseball field (1/4 mile). 400 laps = 100 miles. That's right 100 MILES! Impossible?? I believe the energy of the night and in the company of cancer survivors, we can.
Please join in the night of August 10th. The Relay for Life will begin Friday August 10th @ 6pm with a Survivor Lap; invite those near and dear to you that have overcome to take part in that Survivor Lap. At 7pm, we begin an 11 hour journey towards 100 miles.
To participate, go to Relay for Life's Relay For Life of Carol Stream page. Click SIGN UP --> JOIN A TEAM and get yourself signed up for our fundraising team Dick Pond Fast Track Racing Team. The impact we can make together is much greater than what any of us could do alone!
Got any photos from our Team races, workouts or parties? If you took some great shots, be sure to share with fellow members via the Fast Track DropBox account! It's fast and easy... simply drag & drop into the Fast Track DropBox page. Best of all, your pictures or video could be featured on our monthly video slideshow!
Instructions to submit your photos to the Team's DropBox:
Pay Your Singlet Deposit Online!
Fast Track's Extracts
- Fartlek Route.jpg
- Fun Run 5 Mile Map Breese.pdf
- Fun Run 4 Mile Map Breese.pdf
- 2013 Fast Track hoodie design.pdf
- 2014 DPFT Race Calendar.pdf
- 2013 Individual Circuit Race Results Final.xls
- Marathon Packing Checklist.pdf
- 2014 DPFT Race Calendar.doc
- Wed Night Fartlek Route Directions.doc
- Pace Calculator.xls
- 2013 CARA Team Race Results ParkRidge.xls
Introducing the Fast Track Racing Team Twitter feed! This feed will be used for short announcements regarding workouts, races, and get-togethers. All information posted on this Twitter will be available on the team website, but will now be in convenient Twitter form. If you wish to receive text messages from this Twitter feed, follow the instructions below.
How to get text messages from the Fast Track Twitter:
- Go to http://twitter.com and sign up for an account
- Using your phone, text message the word "START" to 40404
- Follow the instructions that are text messaged back to you (first send your Twitter username, then your password, then the word "OK")
- Head to http://twitter.com/FTRacingTeam and click the "Follow" button
- When you see the green check mark and "Following," click the little phone button immediately to the right
- You will now receive text message announcements from Fast Track!
NOTE: By default, you will NOT receive text messages from everyone you follow on Twitter. If you do NOT want to receive text messages, skip step 5 above when following a Twitter feed.