Login in to view members who are currently online.
Our Member'sPolicy for Inclusion
Official registration is now open for the
2014 Dick Pond
Fast Track Racing Team!
April 2014 Fast Track Video
What We're About
The Dick Pond Fast Track Racing Team is a premier running club in the northwest, west, and far west suburbs of Chicago for runners of all abilities and experience. The team has grown to over 200 members strong. We train and race together with similar goals and interests. Through camaraderie, friendship, and the pursuit of excellence, the team participates in CARA circuit races and have been the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 CARA team CHAMPIONS! For the 2014 season we have expanded the race circuit to over 30 local races in Chicago and the suburbs. Members of the team are outfitted in a team singlet and have the opportunity to score points at key team races towards end-of-the-year prizes. All members are asked to be ambassadors of the brand Saucony, and of our family run specialty business, Dick Pond Athletics. In addition, members are asked to race in as many races as they are able, representing the team in a positive manner. The strength of this team is the
Power of the Group philosophy. Our runners train and compete in road races and marathons, as well as serve as pace leaders for many races, as a team.
- The Tuesday Night Track Workouts meets every Tuesday at 5:45 PM from mid-March thru early-November at Benet Academy in Lisle, IL."In Season" Speed work begins Tuesday, March 18th until October. For information or questions please contact our Fast Track team ambassadors: Christine Bell, John Brazda, Denise Hefferin, or Liz Ruvalcaba.Full Information
- The Wednesday Night Speed Club meets every Wednesday at 6:15 PM from mid-March thru early-November at Geneva High School outdoor track in Geneva, IL.Speed work begins Thursday March 13th and goes through November 7th. For information or questions please contact our Fast Track team ambassadors and speed group leaders: Dan Crayche - email@example.com; Brooke Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org; Greg Campbell - email@example.com; Jenn Tribble - firstname.lastname@example.orgFull Information
- The Wednesday Night Track Workout meets every Wednesday at 6:00 PM from late March until late October at Harper College outdoor track in Palatine, IL.All paces are welcome. Cost is $1.00 per person.Full Information
- The North Side Speed Club meets every Thursday at 6:30 PM from early-May thru early-November at North Park's River Park Track in Chicago, IL.Speed work begins Thursday May 8th and goes through November.Full Information
- The Monday Night Fun Run meets every Monday at 6:00 PM at Dick Pond - Schaumburg in Schaumburg, IL.There are several groups that run variance distances including 4, 5, 8 and 9 miles.Full Information
- The Tuesday Night Fun Run meets every Tuesday at 6:30 PM at Dick Pond - St. Charles in St. Charles, IL.There are several groups that run variance distances.Full Information
- The Thursday Night Fun Run meets every Thursday at 6:00 PM at Dick Pond - Lisle in Lisle, IL.There are several groups that run a variety of distances including 3, 4, and 5+ miles.Full Information
- The Friday Morning Recovery Run meets every Friday at various start times from April until November, except if falling on Independence Day at Starbucks at Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg, IL.Full Information
- The Barrington Hills Group Run meets every Saturday at various start times all year round except if falling on Independence Day, Christmas, or Team Race days at Barrington High School in Barrington, IL.Full Information
- The Saturday Team Run meets every Saturday at various start times from throughout Spring, Summer and Fall at Busse Woods in Elk Grove Village, IL.Full Information
- The Park Ridge Saturday Long Run meets every Saturday at 7:00 AM from throughout Spring, Summer and Fall at Dick Pond - Park Ridge in Park Ridge, IL.Come run with Fast Track at our new regularly scheduled long group run in Park Ridge. All paces are welcome.Full Information
- The Trail Heads Group Run meets every Saturday at 7:30 AM All Year Round at various locations.Join us on Saturday mornings for a change of pace and location. Each week we start our long runs from different DuPage, Cook, Kane, or Will county forest preserves as we build our mileage towards Fall endurance races.Full Information
- The Sunday Team Run meets every Sunday at from throughout Spring, Summer and Fall at Busse Woods in Elk Grove Village, IL.Full Information
Training RunsOur training runs are open to everyone, you do not need to be on the Fast Track team to participate. All paces are welcome as well. Additional information and special announcements for each workout can be found on the Scheduled Runs pages.
Dick Pond Store Fun Runs
Weekend Group Runs
Pre-Marathon Pasta Dinner on Wednesday, October 8th
Please join us at our Annual Pre-Marathon Pasta Dinner!
The event starts at 6:00 PM.
Dinner is served at 6:30 PM.
NOTE: There will be no track workout at Harper College this night.
Got any photos from our Team races, workouts or parties? If you took some great shots, be sure to share with fellow members via the Fast Track DropBox account! It's fast and easy... simply drag & drop into the Fast Track DropBox page. Best of all, your pictures or video could be featured on our monthly video slideshow!
Instructions to submit your photos to the Team's DropBox:
Pay Your Singlet Deposit Online!
Fast Track's Extracts
- Wed Night Fartlek Route Directions.doc
- Pace Chart 85x11 withCruise.pdf
- Fun Run 5 Mile Map Breese.pdf
- Pace Calculator.xls
- Fartlek Route.jpg
- 2014 DPFTRT Track Workouts.xls
- Marathon Packing Checklist.pdf
- 2014 CARA Team Race Results ParkRidge.xls
- 2014 Individual Circuit Race Results ParkRidge.xls
- DPFT Family Kids Night Flier.png
- 2013 Fast Track hoodie design.pdf
- 2014 DPFT Race Calendar.doc
- Pace Chart 85x11.pdf
- 2014 DPFT Race Calendar.pdf
- Fun Run 4 Mile Map Breese.pdf
Join the Fast Track Racing Team Twitter feed! This feed will be used for short announcements regarding workouts, races, and get-togethers. All information posted on this Twitter will be available on the team website, but will now be in convenient Twitter form. If you wish to receive text messages from this Twitter feed, follow the instructions below.
How to get text messages from the Fast Track Twitter:
- Go to http://twitter.com and sign up for an account
- Using your phone, text message the word "START" to 40404
- Follow the instructions that are text messaged back to you (first send your Twitter username, then your password, then the word "OK")
- Head to http://twitter.com/FTRacingTeam and click the "Follow" button
- When you see the green check mark and "Following," click the little phone button immediately to the right
- You will now receive text message announcements from Fast Track!
NOTE: By default, you will NOT receive text messages from everyone you follow on Twitter. If you do NOT want to receive text messages, skip step 5 above when following a Twitter feed.